Monday, February 20, 2012

Time with Daughter

Eldest daughter finished a major training at her firm three weeks back.  At the same time the Denver region of her firm put out the call for help, so her region sent her to Denver which really means she was  on her way to the Williston.  However, things didn't go as planned and  she has been able to spend 10 days with us awaiting her assignment.

I have spent a lot time with my daughter the last 10 days and Lord Almighty am I a blessed father.  My eldest is well educated, well spoken, well behaved, and an absolute pleasure to be around.  By all appearances she is a hard working and dedicated employee.  I suppose the only negative thing is she doesn't laugh at more jokes.  (I still think, "Chink in the Armor" is funny, she doesn't.  Oh well, no one is perfect.)

Today she is applying for her concealed carry permit.  Goodness, I hope and pray she carefully and safely handles her firearm, but there is no reason to think she won't.  She is thoughtful in every way. She is something and her mother and I are truly blessed.  As will be the man fortunate enough to marry her....particularly if I approve of him!

I love her deeply and thank God daily for the gift of her and my younger daughter.

No comments: