Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am Sick of It

Not that it matters, there is nothing I can do about it except feebly vote for someone that may, just may have enough backbone to do something about it.  I hold out little hope for that happening since it has gone on most of my life and no one ever does anything about it.
What am I talking about?  This:
Wisconsin Statehouse March 2011
http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/leftist.jpg
                                                                                                                Ohio Statehouse March 2011
Madison Again                                                  Columbia University 1968
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bigslum.jpghttp://www.wikicu.com/images/thumb/7/7d/68math.jpg/180px-68math.jpg

Post Obama Inauguration Speech
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJ1cGca18pwM-vR2Q3gT8PyesbbIQLTPSjNMrmYd_p-q9ibBOusR0XP6g_ZULGq4vx9hR9ST1hSdrGpL8NnCyUWU5ZU6JpNVtdbEjKUbyM8IhmN2TiLtrtec4QUOXqrC3q_4ZWi8LB2CnW/s400/obama+fans.jpg

Post tea Party Protest
http://constitutionallyspeaking.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/9-12-posr-rally2.jpg
Protesters inside the Ohio Statehouse on Tuesday.
I hate trash. I hate litter. I hate slobs and bums.  Cannot stand them.  When I go for a walk I make it a point to pick up some trash.  If something is blowing around the neighborhood or in my lawn, I get it and put it away.  Maybe I got this from my mother or father.  Maybe I from the TVA sponsored Johnny Horizon Day back in high school when we went out and picked up trash along county roads.  Maybe the old anti littering commercial with the crying Indian affected me. I don’t know where I got it, but it is in my core. 
Which isn’t to say that when I was a callow youth I didn’t toss a few beer bottles out of a truck or car.  That was stupid. I did it.  I learned from it and long before the “leave only footprints” campaign I picked up after myself and I picked up after some others.
Notice all the mess is caused by liberals.  The Tea Party leaves it clean and the liberals make a mess. What more do you need to know?  That guy lying on the floor? Jerk him up and march him out of there.  No one should be allowed to behave that way on non owned private or public property. No one. Ever. Other photos from the Columbia protest show cops whacking protesters with batons.  I loved it in 1968 and I love it today.  I thought hippies and those types of folk were losers then and the past 40 years has only confirmed the view I had as a boy.
Went to a protest once.  Some professor didn’t get tenure and students protested.  I never had a class with the guy, but he sounded like a crud, profane jerk. (He was a sociology professor, so I am probably redundant.)  It was amusing and a waste of time.  Boring talk about taking stupid actions.  A general hope that someone would take action.  Wanting someone to do something crazy.  It was a nice spring evening and I failed to find the coed I was looking for.  Waste of time.
Yet, it did make an impression on me.  That being that I wanted nothing ever to do with crowds.  Or decisions made by crowds.  As the photos show most crowds, not all, but most are made of shabbily dressed slobs. I hate that.
The other thing I learned was speakers crying out for this action or that usually don’t mean what they say.  If they did they would lead. As Elvis said, too much talk and not enough action. No, they are just looking for attention and if male, trying to meet girls.  Yes, occasionally a speaker does get a reaction and in those instances you don’t want to be around. Think Al Sharpton and that fire in Harlem.
I attended the Democratic convention in Denver in 2008.  That is a whole other story, but one vignette. There was a sizeable group of mostly men marching.  Supposedly they were combat vets against Iraq or Afghanistan or something.  I watching them for a couple blocks on Arapahoe and then headed over to Speer and got a good seat to watch them march up to a barricade manned by the police.  The rumor was they were going to overrun the barricade.  Fat chance of that.  Anyway, I was seated with some members of the press and after a bit here came the vets.  A guy from the Rocky Mountain News leaned over and said, who are you with?  I said, no one. Just watching for fun. He said, aren’t you worried about a riot? I looked at him and said, from that bunch of pussies? Why?  He asked, don’t you think these are combat vets?  I said, maybe some are. It is likely that some are vets, but most are just acting like vets.  He said, why do you say that?  I said, ok, maybe, just maybe everyone served in the Army and kept their fatigues which explains why they are dressed exactly the same, but look at the shoes.  They are all the same.  There is no way a bunch of vets would all and I mean all still have their boots. He said, interesting.
Maybe I was wrong.  Maybe they were all vets.  Never found out for sure, but what I know is this.  The vets stopped short of the barricade and a policeman came out to talk to them.  Vet leaders met with police.  There were chants from the vets.  The policeman left.  A few minutes later he returned and spoke to the leaders. After just a minute or two, this frail, young, vet turned to the group and in a girly voice yelled, Obama is sending someone to talk to us. I thought he would pee his paints, the vets cheered and I laughed from imagining that little man with the little girl’s voice being a leader of men. Maybe he was, but I don’t believe it.
Goodness I hate crowds, protestors, trash, slobs and liberals.  Yes, I know I was being redundant, simply saying liberals would have covered most of it.
 


No comments: